The European Union Delegation in Australia organised 8 simultaneous events in 7 Australian capitals for European Climate Diplomacy Day on the 17th of June.
In the context of the upcoming COP21 meeting in Paris in December 2015, it was enlightening to hear from industry, local government, science and civil society representatives who share their experiences, their views and the actions that are required to meet the climate change challenge.
In Melbourne the European Climate Diplomacy Day was held at the Peter Doherty Institute, in presence of His Excellency Mr Christophe Lecourtier, Ambassador of France in Australia and of His Excellency Dr Christoph Müller, Ambassador of Germany in Australia.
His Excellency Mr Christophe Lecourtier
- Professor Don Henry, Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute
- Ms Megan Flynn, Group Manager, Carbon and Environment Strategy, Qantas Airways
- Councillor Arron Wood, Chair Environment Portfolio, City of Melbourne
- Dr Judith Reinhard, Science Counsellor, German Embassy
- Professor Robyn Eckersley, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Melbourne
Professor David Karoly, School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne chaired the event.
The discussion followed the Australian premiere screening of ‘The Climate Blueprint’, a Spanish documentary on the history of climate negotiations and the main actors involved.