The Alliance Française de Melbourne invites you to its Classic French Film Festival, dedicated to classic movies in French cinema. Don’t miss a beautiful homage to the iconic blond actresses who left their mark on French cinema history through five films set in the ’50s and the ’70s: Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, Jean Seberg, Romy Schneider et Simone Signoret: a real star-studded program!
From 4 to 6 November 2016, the Alliance Française Classic Film Festival invites you to discover a world in which blonds are at the heart of politics, deigning to share their power with men.
Film screenings :
- Casque d’or by Jacques Becker (1952), starring Simone Signoret
- A bout de souffle (Breathless) by Jean-Luc Godard (1960), starring Jean Seberg
- Viva Maria! by Louis Malle (1965), starring Brigitte Bardot
- César & Rosalie by Claude Sautet (1972), starring Romy Schneider
- Le sauvage (Lovers like us) by Jean-Paul Rappeneau, starring Catherine Deneuve