The continuing lockdown measures in Victoria and in particular in Melbourne bear a heavy impact on the community, among which French nationals. In order to assist you during this difficult period the Honorary Consulate of France in Melbourne together with the Consulate General of France in Sydney have compiled below a list of useful resources and links useful to the French community.
Consular and Social Questions
The Honorary Consulate-General of France in Melbourne remains open during normal hours. The public is invited to attend their booked appointments in accordance with Victorian’s Department of Health and Human Services guidelines and regulations. Available information on our website and Facebook page.
There is also help available under the “SOS COVID-19” scheme established since June 2020 for French nationals living under precarious conditions due to lockdown. To learn more, click here.
You are also able to verify your eligibility for Australian financial support packages dedicated to salaried workers or self-employed individuals.
Here is a list of French speaking psychologists offering counselling services, with psychological support through telehealth appointments.
The French Australian Associations in Victoria are very dynamic. Do no hesitate to reach out to them!
- Melbourne Accueil is a welcoming space for newly arrived persons and families from France to Melbourne. (Facebook, Instagram)
- French Assist VIC provides a helping hand to French nationals who find themselves isolated or under difficult circumstances.
- L’Union des Français de l’Étranger (UFE) Melbourne is a network promoting the interests of French nationals in everyday support.
- Solidarités français en Australie is a Facebook group offering a central support network for French residents in Australia.
- The five elected French Counselors for French Nationals overseas. French Counselors are equipped to assist in enquiries regarding the following:
- Social protection
- Jobs, formal professional training
- Learning French overseas
- To find out more about the available support for businesses in Victoria impacted by COVID-19 lockdown, click here.
- The French-Australian Chamber of Commerce (FACCI) along with the bureau of Business France in Australia provide you with the latest facts and information to guide you in your own business journey.
Stay updated on French news and events in Melbourne by subscribing to our newsletter Bleu Blanc Rouge.