The Victorian Consular Corps has recently organised a Roundtable to present the services available to the international students studying in Victoria. Mr Jean-Paul Esnault, Consular Assistant attended the conference.
There are 140,000 fulltime international students in Melbourne which constitutes more than 20% of all Victorian students! This sector of activities has become the first export component of the Victorian economy.The Education Strategy for Victoria 2013-2018 is to remain the leading provider of international education in the Asia-Pacific region by
– seconding international students to companies : Study Melbourne/Career Ready
– providing 50% public transport discount on annual tickets
– connecting international students to Victorians
– promoting its activities through social media & awards
– providing a permanent point of contact: the Study Melbourne Student Centre