Adult Proof of Age

Did you know that you don’t need to carry your passport around in Australia ?

If you don’t want to risk losing your passport or other ID documents, it is possible to get a personal card which specifies that you are over the age of majority. This card can be useful to buy alcoholic beverages or access entry to bars and pubs.

Each Australian State has its own card. For instance, here is a Proof of Age Card of Victoria :


It costs approximately 10 $AUD. Please go to the Photo Point Agency listed by VicRoads or at the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Reglementation counter.

For further information, please refer to the Australian government website.