Use the Proof of Age Card instead of your Passport

Don’t take the risk of losing your passport anymore! Apply for your Proof of Age Card

If you’re over 18, you can apply for a Proof of Age Card, which will allow you to prove your age without having to carry your identification papers with you. This document will enable you to enter establishments selling alcohol or requiring proof of age.

To apply:

  1. Fill out the Proof of Age application form, which you can find at VicRoads agencies or at Australia Post.
  2. Then, you must visit one of these agencies in person, with the following documents:
    • 2 forms of identification
    • The forms mentioned above (to be signed in front of an authorized person)
    • Passport photos
    • $10 for the fees

The card will arrive 3 to 4 weeks after submitting the application.